Saturday, December 11, 2010

An End, A Start

As the end of the year approaches, I've started to look back at everything that happened in 2010 (I know, real originial, right?). This past year has been a tough one- I lost two people that I loved dearly, had a somewhat scary medical issue and surgery, changed living situations, took on more responisiblity at work, applied to Graduate School, and went through a major shift in an important relationship. Wow, when I lay it all out like that, it seems like a lot.

Moving forward, though, I am excited about new opportunities. Sometimes I think we all need a kick in the butt to realize that life won't slow down, so you can't wait forever to do the things you want to. Well, although I'm not exactly sure where the kick in the butt came from, I got one and I'm not going to dream small because those dreams seem more reasonable; I am going to work hard, have fun, and remember that I shouldn't live a life that holds me back, I should have one that pulls me forward with its grand opportunities. Here's to a new way of thinking.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have exciting times ahead. What's your subject for grad school?

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting my Bachelor's in English and then going for my Master's in education; I want to teach high school English. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! Here's to new ways!!! Bring on the new year and bring on some big stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great goal, Nat. Teaching the new generation is the most important task. Good luck with your studies >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete