Fred Phelps has posted a video on YouTube in which he states, "Thank God for the violent shooter." I watched a bit of the video and then became too enraged to finish it. Turns out, these horrible people are going to protest the funerals of all those killed in the shootings this past Saturday. What is wrong with these "people"? I really do have a hard time acknowledging them as human beings because the lack of souls and decency is quite convincing evidence that they cannot be anything like the great people that exist in this world.
I am a big supporter of freedom of speech, but just because you are allowed to say things, does not mean you should and just because you are a horrible person, does not mean you should prove it all the time, Mr. Phelps.
I have a lot more that I can say, but it's just so frustrating. I'll just leave it to this guy.

***UPDATE*** Arizona passed emergency legislation that put major restrictions on how close to and when protesters can protest the funerals. It looks like WBC will be far away and will have to be gone for the hour before and during (I believe this is the amount of time the article said) the funerals.
I too believe in free speach, but I also believe in keeping your mouth shut, at times, and just common sense.
ReplyDeletethey've come to oklahoma before. it's so sad. visiting from It's serious this time.
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe these people, that they would go out of their way to cause misery to those already suffering instead of finding something constructive to do to help others. So un-Christianlike and despicable.
ReplyDeleteI've said it before; handguns is the 2nd worst invention of all times
ReplyDeleteCold As Heaven
I feel for the families that have to deal with the likes of the Westboro Baptist Church. Its so sad.
ReplyDeleteRead an article this morning about a young women who lives in Tuscon and is outraged that they are going to show at the funerals. To counteract it, she started an "angel" movement. They are going to have 8'-10' wings and surround the funerals to give the families privacy. Excellent way to show support:)
ReplyDeleteThose Westboro people make me think things I shouldn't think! I have posted about them before as well. I cannot figure out how they can live with themselves. And I'm proud of Arizona for passing that law!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't believe it when I read that Phelps' group was going to protest the 9 year old's funeral. What does a 9 year old have to do with his beefs? I was thrilled when the Arizona legislature passed the law in 90 minutes unanimously. Then I read that the people in the town were going to form a "human wall" to keep the families of the deceased from seeing these horrible protestors. Thank God for loving, caring people.
ReplyDeleteAs an Arizonian, this is a very sad time. It is no time to protest, an unrelated issue, at a funeral. Love ones are grieving and need the time and space.
ReplyDeleteI always feel conflicted when this psycho and his "church" come up...I hate everything he says and everything he stands for, but I also feel like freedom of speech is very important. I do think it is reasonable and necessary for him to be barred from the funerals. I just wish there was some way to shut him down legally...just scary.
ReplyDeleteprotesting at funerals is sooo wrong; glad legislation is being passed to restrict it
ReplyDeleteoh, and love that guy with the sign!!!
ReplyDeleteI really wonder how Fred and his bunch would feel if this kind of crap happened at a funeral of one of their loved ones. What happened was terrible enough without some wack job making a spectacle of one of the saddest times in a family's life.
ReplyDeletegavagana@yahoo.com
I can't believe anyone would do such a thing and thank God they passed the emergency legislation!
ReplyDeleteI ADMIRE YOUR INSPIRATION TO TAKE CHARGE kytah00@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteThis guy needs to be put away for life. Such a shame so many innocent people lost their lives
ReplyDelete